What is RMdB?
Requirements Manager RMdB is a requirements management tool. It has been created to assist with the identification and documentation of Requirements. The requirements may be associated with any developmental product - software, hardware or any other form that requires a documented specification/testing regime.
Why use RMdB?
Requirements Manager RMdB is not designed to replace the many complex and expensive corporate requirements management tools that already exist. RMdB is intended to supplement them. It does this by providing a simple requirements management solution for smaller developmental activities.
Who uses RMdB?
The target users of this requirements management tool are people and organisations that have a relatively smaller set of requirements and test regimes. The software is generally for use by personnel working individually.
Capabilities of Requirements Manager RMdB
- Identify and document Requirements - up to 6 levels of parent/child indenture
- Identify and document Tests - up to 6 levels of parent/child indenture
- Auto-generate unique Requirement and Test reference numbers
- Customise Requirements criteria (up to 5 criteria can be defined)
- Customise Requirement and Test number prefixes to provide context to the auto-generated numbers
- Change the Criteria and auto-generated number Prefixes in populated databases
- Link multiple tests to a requirement with one click of the 'link' toolbar button
- Record notes and version history
- Date/Time stamp notes and version history
- Record Test completion
- View and print database statistics
- Save statistics pie graphs/legends as image files (png, jpeg, tiff & gif)
- Create printed reports with customisable content (including print to PDF)
- Save and load print format settings
- Save reports as RTF or Doc files to be further customised by more specialised word processors
- Use context-sensitive menus and keyboard shortcuts to enhance productivity
- Use Drag-n-Drop/Copy to allow efficient restructuring of Requirement and Test child/parent relationships
- Requirements traceability to ensure dependencies are understood & addressed when modifying Requirements
- Remove all Requirement and Test links from selected Requirements or Tests with one click of a Menu item
- Graphical Requirement/Test status indicator
- Requirements Parser
- Import & Export CSV files using customisable delimiters
- Recover deleted Requirements & Tests in the current editing session
- Create and manage To-Do's and, their Priority, Status & Ownership
- Create standard Requirement and Test 'stubs' to insert into the database when needed
- Swipe to delete multiple To-Dos
- Manage test completion status at the Parent or Folder level via default Preference or a button-click within the Tests Tree table header
- Database searches can be configured to search for Requirement/Test numbers or titles and, either search as details are entered into the search field or after the Enter key is selected
- Requirement test completion status view in the Requirements Tree
- Sort To-Dos by either Status or Priority
- Tab bar for multiple opened databases (macOS Sierra users only)
- Preferences saved to Apple iCloud account so all devices logged-in to the same account can share preferences
- Databases saved to an Apple iCloud account so all devices logged-in to the same account can access databases and manage file conflicts
- Supports macOS 10.14 Dark Mode
Requirements Manager RMdB is for Apple desktop or laptop computers running OS X 10.11 or later